UPDATE: This position has been filled. Thanks for your interest!
We’ve got a job opening here at IEG! Join our team as a Digital Media Producer and help make our web presence stronger. To apply, create a profile on WNET’s career site.
About the Position
As a Digital Media Producer, you will develop, manage and create online video, graphic and written content for WNET projects, including our local and national PBS programs. The Producer will also work on the conception of new websites and coordination of site redesigns and re-launches with a range of online clients that include non-profits and other media entities. Candidates will need to have proven experience launching websites and must have the ability to manage a web property from soup to nuts.
This position will work with a team of design, content, and coding professionals as well as other groups within the organization who work together to develop online content. The ideal candidate will have an interest in creating engaging online experiences. Specific responsibilities include:
- Design coordination and site editing, as well as project ownership and oversight;
- Creating, editing and coordinating video, audio and multimedia assets;
- Working with co-workers on the research and development of online features;
- Writing appropriate metadata for video and related content;
- Creating site planning documents (i.e. wireframes, visual guides, workflows);
- Assisting in QA for site testing.
To qualify, candidates need at least one year of experience working on a media website, the ability to shoot and edit video, basic knowledge of HTML & Photoshop and experience with CMS platforms, specifically WordPress. The ability to capture and digitize video and export into various file formats will be needed as well as working knowledge of Adobe Premiere.
In addition, qualified candidates will have experience assisting with online productions, strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) and excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working on a media website;
- Experience launching websites and able to manage a web property from soup to nuts;
- Ability to shoot and edit video;
- Basic knowledge of HTML & Photoshop and experience with CMS platforms, specifically WordPress.
- Ability to capture and digitize video and export into various file formats;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere.